Friday, February 28, 2014

花莲换工旅游 Hualien Working Holiday Day 2

Day 2: On the job training

As there were no guests yesterday, all of us could sleep in. I am thankful for the extra time for my much needed rest. 

This view greeted me when I opened my door. :) The crisp, cooling weather woke me up from my tiredness immediately. 


After breakfast, we headed to 静巷里的二十七号 to clean up the house together. 冠羽 demonstrated the process so that I know his expectations. I love the feel of the house. Those who know me well will probably agree it is my style. I shall share more about the house when I start staying there. :)

We had some customers over at 法采's cafe in the afternoon and 冠羽 prepared hand-drip coffee for them. Good coffee-making requires precision and lots of experimentation. 
Here's an interesting quote from a book I read yesterday -
 '咖啡,对我来说是一种思考的工具,可以沉淀思绪,拥有清楚脑袋' 
The effects of caffeine? :)

Here are some shots of the place I am working at. This is the cafe area:











As this is a long weekend in Taiwan, it is full house today and tomorrow. We will need to wake up early to prepare breakfast for the guests. Some preparation in advance:


Freshly baked buns by 阿仰。Love 祐钺's expression here. :p


A simple dinner we had tonight. Japanese curry prepared by 祐钺 and chicken and mushroom soup prepared by 阿仰.


There is less awkwardness on the second day and I am feeling more warmth. This place feels like home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment