Friday, February 28, 2014

花莲换工旅游 Hualien Working Holiday Day 1

Day 1 Let the Adventure begin!

After much waiting and traveling, I finally reached Hualien. The boss of the homestay, 冠羽 came to pick me up. 法采时光 is located about 10 minutes drive away from the train station. 

The first day was mainly settling down. I will be staying here temporarily, after which I will be staying at 静巷里的二十七号, another homestay owned by the boss.

冠羽 brought me to 静巷 to take a look. As the occupancy rate for March is low, I will basically have the whole place to myself for the whole month. ^^

阿仰,the chef at 法采时光 prepared dumplings for us. After dinner, we shared the pandan cake I brought over. 冠羽 prepared coffee using Columbia beans which tasted a bit acidic and fruity. Together with the February helper 祐钺, we all had a nice chat. The initial awkwardness I felt was gone after having a meal and chatting with them. Throughout our conversation, I have learnt much from them. We talked about food, lifestyle, work, coffee, etc. Meeting people from different countries really widened my horizons. One takeaway was the serious attitude they have in all that they do, so that their guests can have the best experience in Hualien.




2 comments: