Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Unforgettable stay in Hualien

First post on Taiwan!

Taiwan is a country I love very much. I love the scenery, the hospitable people and yummy food. It takes quite a few trips to explore different parts of the country.  My dear cousin is married to a Taiwanese and they are living in Taipei with their lovely twins. This gives me an added reason to return to Taiwan. :)

My recent trip to Taiwan with my family last December brought us to Hualien, a county located on the mountainous eastern coast of Taiwan. Also known as a slow city, it is no wonder why the county is popular with locals and tourists looking for a short getaway from the hustle and bustle of urban life. As a result, many B&B (民宿)started sprouting up in the area and business is competitive. 

It was hard to choose a B&B as every one of them looks really good. The different themes and layouts are all very attractive. I was really spoilt for choice. However, one caught my eye and I knew that was the place everyone in the family will like. 

One thing that sets Errantry Lodge apart from other B&Bs is its photo studio. Mr Arthur Chien (简先生)was a professional photographer before he started the B&B business. Part of the experience staying at Errantry Lodge includes having potraits taken at the studio and I must say he had done a very good job. There are five rooms available and each of them has its unique theme. All are tastefully designed. 

Arthur and his wife, Theresa are both very hospitable and I rank Errantry Lodge as my favourite B&B thus far. From the day we arrived to the day we left, we were treated like friends rather than just guests. Here are some photos of our memorable stay: 

The Bali Room



Nutritious breakfast prepared by the hosts and their helper
Photo Studio

Rooftop Garden

Dining Area



I love this photo :)


Interested in a working holiday at the B&B? Check out this blog: http://errantrylodge.blogspot.sg/ 
If I ever quit my job, this may be something I want to do!

Errantry Lodge
No. 50 Jiande St, Hualien City, Hualien County 970, Taiwan R.O.C

No comments:

Post a Comment